The Clean Sweep program is Stockton's annual neighborhood cleanup program for residents living in single-family homes, duplexes, or triplexes. It is completed once per year in 9 separate geographic areas in Stockton.
Your garbage company will notify you by mail 1 to 2 weeks before your area's scheduled cleanup day.
Clean Sweep is a City of Stockton program. If you live outside of Stockton's city limits or in County pockets, please call the San Joaquin County Solid Waste Office at (209)468-3066 for details about current County programs or see the External Links below.
The Clean Sweep program runs from February to October of each year. Residents are notified by mail 10-14 days in advance of their scheduled pickup date.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact your garbage company or see External Links below:
(209) 466-3604 (209) 946-5711
- Windows and fixtures
- Carpets and pads
- Tires - a maximum of five (5) without rims
- Appliances - washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators
- Electronic scrap - computers, monitors, televisions, telephones
Six (6) containers of solid waste and green waste in plastic bags or containers. Solid waste or green waste (such as lawn clippings, trees, shrubs, leaves, etc.) should not be placed directly on the street. This is a violation of the Stockton Municipal Code (see External Links below.).
- No hazardous waste (such as paint, motor oil, pesticides, pool chemicals, batteries, etc.). These materials can be disposed of at the San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility located at 7850 R. A. Bridgeford Street in Stockton or call 468-3066 for more information on safe disposal.
- Oil and oil filters can be placed outside and next to the wheeled recycling cart on your regular garbage pickup day. Special handling is required! Used oil will be picked up only if it is sealed in a clear plastic jug with a screw top lid. Used oil filters will be picked up only if they are sealed in clear plastic bags.
- No engine or engine parts.
- No dirt, rock or concrete. (Clean concrete may be accepted by San Joaquin County Channel Maintenance. To learn more, contact Channel Maintenance at 468-9698.)
Preparing items for pick-up
- All materials other than the large bulky items listed above must be boxed or bagged.
- All containers must weigh less than 40 pounds when full and be strong enough to hold the items without breaking The containers will be taken.
- Place items, at curbside, in the street in front of your residence and away from vehicles. Do not block traffic.
- Do not place your pile out until the night before collection. Placing material out before the approved time will result in Code Enforcement action for blocking the right-of-way and a possible fee for removal of the pile.
San Joaquin County Solid Waste Division - Waste collection services for Stockton residents living outside the city limits
Allied Waste - Corporate web page for the Stockton service area
Waste Management - Corporate web page for the Stockton service area
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/10/2012