All applicants must be a Level 1 Reserve or completed the P.O.S.T. Basic Law Enforcement Academy.
Other requirements include:
- Completed Application for Police Reserves.
- 21 years of age on or before appointment date.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien eligible for, and has applied for, citizenship.
- Have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have valid California driver's license and automobile insurance coverage.
- Reside within 45 minutes of the Stockton Police Department.
- Pass psychological evaluation, polygraph, background investigation, and medical exam.
Must successfully complete a P.O.S.T. Field Training Officer (FTO) Program.
Reserve Officer Duties
Upon completion of FTO training, Level 1 Reserve Police Officers will perform the same duties as regular Police Officers and have full Peace Officer Status while on duty.
For any questions, contact the Police Reserves Commander.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/15/2015