Personal Safety Alert
The City of Stockton is experiencing a high number of street crimes. In most cases, the victims unwittingly gave the criminals the opportunity. If you follow these basic personal safety tips and become street smart, you will reduce the criminal's opportunity to make you their next victim.
- B e aware of your surroundings
- E yes forward - head up - walk with a purpose
- S afety in numbers - travel with a buddy
- T ake only what you need - leave extra cash, credit cards and purses at home
- R emove expensive jewelry and avoid displaying cash
- E nsure your safety through crime prevention education
- E lectronics can be distracting and are common targets
- T ravel in well lit areas
- S tay alert and aware of people around you
- M ake a plan - create a safe route and tell someone you trust
- A void isolated areas that can be dangerous
- R educe crime by removing the criminal's opportunity
- T rust your instincts - protect yourself at all times!
People who are walking the streets while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs often become victims. Walking in public without your senses fully intact is not street smart.
If you see suspicious activity, call the Stockton Police Department's non-emergency.
Call 9-1-1 for an emergency.
Please share this personal safety information and remember to "Be Street Smart"!
There are no external links on this page
This City of Stockton webpage last reviewed on --- 3/21/2011