FAQ - Online Police Reports

If this happened in another city, can I file a report using this system? 

  • No, please call the police department for that city unless you are reporting Identity Theft.
  • Identity Theft can be reported no matter what city it occurred in, except where identity theft was used to file a false tax return.  Instead, contact the IRS Identity Protection Unit at 1-800-908-4490.

What if this happened on a state Freeway?

  • Call the California Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

What is a known suspect?

  • When you or someone else knows the person, where to find the person who committed the crime, or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

What if I had written down the complete serial number?

  • Include all serial numbers in your report.  Remember, packing materials and receipts generally have item numbers or store related codes, not serial numbers. 

What if I have photos of my property that were stolen or damaged?

  • Place the report number at the top of each photo.
  • Send photos to the Stockton Police Department to be added to your report. .


External Links

Stockton Police Online Reporting System - File your report here

This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 7/22/2015