The City of Stockton Police Department - Neighborhood Services Section is responsible for Code Enforcement.
Examples of the code enforcement issues include:
- active or prior code enforcement activity/actions,
- permit issues, and
- liens or fines/fees due on a property.
On Tuesday, August 19, 2008, the Stockton City Council adopted an urgency ordinance aimed at protecting neighborhoods from blight due to lack of adequate maintenance or security of vacant buildings and properties.
See the following links for more information:
- Vacant Buildings & Properties Brochure
- Security and Rehabilitation of Abandoned and Vacant Property, Stockton Municipal Code (SMC) 15.32 (See External Links below.)
Report Code Violations
If you see any code violations, like the ones pictured, contact Neighborhood Services at (209) 937-8813 or email and leave the street address of the violation. We are not able to take anonymous complaints. You must provide your name but it will be kept confidential.
Neighborhood Services has several ways to address complaints with programs such as:
- Graffiti Removal Program,
- Residential Rental Inspection Program,
- Hotel/Motel Permitting Program, and
Abandoned Vehicle Abatement (A.V.A.) Program.
Security and Rehabilitation of Abandoned and Vacant Property, Stockton Municipal Code (SMC) 15.32
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 3/10/2015