Subscribe to the City of Stockton News Releases to receive emails with current City happenings.
You can also subscribe to other topics, including events and volunteer opportunities.
- September 20, 2022 - Stockton Development Code & Design Standards Update Open House
- Saturday, September 24, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora St.
- September 14, 2022 - Commercial Cannabis Business Lottery
- Application Period Open October 1 - 31, 2022
- $200 fee per application submitted
- September 7, 2022 - Stockton Housing Sites Workshop
- An online interactive community meeting to discuss future housing sites in Stockton
- September 14, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., meeting link at www.stocktonca.gov/ShapeStockton
- September 6, 2022 - Cooling Zones Available at Community Centers - Updated
- Extended through Friday, September 9
- August 31, 2022 - Cooling Zones Available at City Community Centers
- September 1 through September 7
- August 25, 2022 - Van Buskirk Master Plan for Reuse Open House for the Community
- August 15, 2022 - Cooling Zones Available at City Community Centers
- Beat the Heat - August 15 - August 19 (M-F), 9a - 8p
- August 10, 2022 - Victory Park Pool Renovation Community Survey
- Take the survey online! Drop by and share your ideas on August 17, 6p, Victory Park.
- August 8, 2022 - Office of Violence Prevention Data Cafe Event
- Join us! August 16, 10:00 a.m., Van Buskirk Community Center, 734 Houston Ave.
- August 8, 2022 - Stockton Seeking Nonprofit and Community Organization Proposals
- Funding available to address COVID-related needs and build organizational capacity
- Application deadline - Noon, September 12, 2022
- June 20, 2022 - Cooling Zones Available at City Community Centers
- June 21 through June 27 (Closed Sunday)
- June 20, 2022 - Fireworks Safety Demonstrations for the Community
- Stockton Fire, Stockton Police, San Joaquin County Fireworks Task Force will host at City of Stockton Community Centers - beginning June 28
- June 16, 2022 - City Offers Free Family-Friendly Drive-in Movies - begins June 17
- June 10, 2022 - Celebrate July 4th Downtown Stockton - Parade, Festival, Fireworks Viewing at Weber Point Events Center
- Parade at 10:00 a.m.; Weber Point Events Center opens at noon
- Free admission, live music, family entertainment
- Fireworks at approximately 9:30 a.m.
- Details at www.stocktonca.gov/SpecialEvents
- May 26, 2022 - Open House for Property Owners to Discuss Land Use Updates
- Tuesday, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., Civic Auditorium, 525 N. Center St.
- Wednesday, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora St.
- May 26, 2022 - Alexandria Culvert Replacement Project Begins May 31
- May 24, 2022 - New Stockton Police Chief Swearing-In Ceremony
- Thursday, June 2, 2022 @ 4:00 p.m. - Civic Auditorium
- Members of the community are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- May 16, 2022 - Stockton Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Grant Program
- Grant applications deadline - June 30, 5p
- May 2, 2022 - Pixie Woods Opening for 68th Season
- April 29, 2022 - Stockton Seeking Proposals for Nonprofit Capacity Building
- April 27, 2022 - New Stockton Police Chief Selected, Stanley McFadden
- Stockton's 50th Police Chief will start on June 1, 2022
- Captain Antonio "Tony" Sajor, Jr., promoted to Deputy Chief
- April 13, 2022 - Stockton Police Chief Candidate Town Hall
- Wednesday, April 20 at 5:30 p.m., Bob Hope Theatre, 242 E. Main St.
- Parking available at the Ed Coy Garage, 130 N. Hunter St.
- April 7, 2022 - City of Stockton Accepting Applications for Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- April 5, 2022 - City of Stockton to Host Town Hall with Stockton Police Chief Candidates
- Bob Hope Theatre, 242 E. Main St., April 20, 2022, 5:30 p.m.
- December 27, 2021 - Overnight Warming Zones Open for Protection from Freezing Temperatures
- December 20, 2021 - CARES Act Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV3) Deadline Extended
- December 14, 2021 - Stockton Releases Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
- Eligible Non-Profits and Affordable Housing Organizations May Apply Online
- Informational virtual meeting on Thursday, December 16, 2021, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Open to applications on Friday, December 17, 2021, at 1:00 p.m.
- December 14, 2021 - City Business License Office Location and Hours of Service Changes
- Business License Office moved to Permit Center effective December 15, 2021
- Utility Billing and Payment Office will change hours effective January 3, 2022
- December 8, 2021 - State Department of Parks and Recreation to Provide Grant for Columbus Park Renovation - Nearly $3.4 million
- December 7, 2021 - Grants Available for Arts Organizations and Artists
- October 29, 2021 - Stockton Cricket Pitch Dedication
- Saturday, Nov. 6, 11:00 a.m., Anderson Park - event flyer
- October 28, 2021 - Stockton Celebrates America Recycles Offering a Shredding Event
- Saturday, November 13, 8a - Noon (may end sooner if capacity reached)
- UEI parking lot, behind Weberstown Mall
- October 18, 2021 - Victory Park Public Art Project
- Community members are encouraged to participate in a new Victory Park Public Art Piece by watching a video that shares information about the finalists and their proposed projects and voting for their favorite art piece.
- Visit www.stocktonca.gov/VictoryParkPublicArt for more information.
- October 18, 2021 - CARES Act Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV3)
- Support for artists and arts nonprofits grant opportunity.
- Application opens Oct. 18, 2021 at noon and closes Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
- Online applications only through the Neighborly Portal.
- October 15, 2021 - Movies At The Point Spooktacular - Cruella (PG-13)
- Free family entertainment at Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center
- Gates Open at 5:30 p.m., Movie begins at dusk, approximately 6:30 p.m.
- July 14, 2021 - Van Buskirk Park Master Plan Community Meeting
- Meeting July 22, 2021, 6-8p, Van Buskirk Community Center
- July 9, 2021 - Oak Park Ice Rink Reopens
- July 8, 2021 - Movies At The Point on July 16, Godzilla vs. Kong
- Free family entertainment at Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center
- Gates Open at 6:30 p.m., Movie begins at 9:00 p.m.
- July 6, 2021 - City of Stockton Arnold Rue & Van Buskirk Community Centers Cooling Zones
- July 8 through July 11, 2p - 7p
- July 1, 2021 - NOFA Homeless Assistance & Prevention Addressing COVID Impacts
- Open to applications - July 1 @ noon
- Online applications only through Neighborly Portal
- June 30, 2021 - Stockton Open Data Portal Now Available
- June 29, 2021 - PFF Parks Master Plan Community Meeting
- June 23, 2021 - City Council Approves Annual Budget and Plans for American Rescue Plan Recovery Funding
- June 17, 2021 - Van Buskirk Reuse Planning Community Meeting
- June 23, 2021, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Weston Ranch Library, 1453 W. French Camp Rd, Stockton
- June 15, 2021 - Cooling Zones for Heat Wave
- Arnold Rue & Van Buskirk Community Centers
- Wednesday through Saturday, June 16 - June 19, until 7:00 p.m.
- June 10, 2021 - Pixie Woods Reopening for 67th Season
- June 3, 2021 - 2021 Notice of Funding Availability for Entrepreneurship Program
- June 2, 2021 - Drive-In Movie Night June 18, 2021
- UEI parking lot, behind Weberstown Mall; gates open at 7:30 p.m. & movie begins at 8:45 p.m.
- April 27, 2021 - Cannabis Policy Amendment Project Virtual Community Meeting
- April 22, 2021 - Stockton Small Business Week
- Stockton Small Business Week is May 2-8, 2021.
- April 15, 2021 - City to Extend Water & Sewer Utilities to Future Site for Veterans Affairs Medical Clinic
- Join the Virtual Open House Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- April 14, 2021 - City to Hold Virtual Community Meetings on Proposed Water Rate Adjustments
- Thursday, April 22, 2021, 6:00 p.m., and
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
- Visit www.stocktonca.gov/waterrates for links to video or call-in instructions
- April 5, 2021 - New Chief Financial Officer Appointed
- December 29, 2020 - New and Improved Ways to Keep In-Touch with the City of Stockton
- December 28, 2020 - Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) - Open to Online Applications
- Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant CARES Act NOFA applications are due Friday, February 5, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- Affordable Housing NOFA applications are due Friday, February 12, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- December 22, 2020 - City Public Office and Counter Service Changes - Closed to In-person Public Access, Effective December 28, 2020
- Contact us by telephone, email, or other online services during regularly scheduled hours of service
- December 11, 2020 - Mayor-elect Lincoln Candidates for Office of the Mayor Support Positions
- Council Meeting Agenda for December 15, 2020, revised to add Mayor-elect Office Staff
- December 4, 2020 - City Holiday Greetings & Best Wishes - A 2020 (Virtual) Celebration
- September 28, 2020 - Governor Newsom Announces Project Homekey Award for Stockton
- September 23, 2020 - City Manager's Review Board Appointed & Convenes October
- September 17, 2020 - Fitch Upgrades Stockton's Water Revenue Bonds and Outlook Stable
- September 15, 2020 - New Stockton Urban Ag Ordinance
- Private property owners may now keep chickens (no roosters), ducks, bees, produce, etc., in urban areas, and additional produce stands.
- September 2, 2020 - Community Support Fund NOFA
Stockton/San Joaquin County Library News and Events
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 9/22/2022