Each May, the City provides employees with Open Enrollment information and forms. Any changes submitted by the employee take effect July 1st.
The City of Stockton currently offers two medical plan options:
- A self-insured medical plan to its employees and retirees for a premium contribution. The plan is a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) and it uses the Anthem/Blue Cross of California PPO network of providers. Delta Health Systems is the City's Third Party Administrator for claims administration.
A Kaiser HMO high deductible plan option, available to most Active employees, depending on the employee bargining unit.
Employees enrolled in either insurance plan, Modified Medical Plan or Kaiser, may view their claims information and eligibility at the sites provided under External Links at the bottom of this page.
- Operating Engineers Local #3 (OE3) - Other benefit plans may be available to this bargaining unit only. For more information, please Contact Human Resources.
The City of Stockton offers a prescription plan through CVS.
The City of Stockton offers employees and their eligible dependents a choice between two dental plans:
- Delta Dental Plan Premiere (Preferred Provider Organization): This self-funded plan, administered by Delta Dental, pays 80% for most dental services (some procedures are covered at 50%), up to the annual (calendar year) limit. The annual limit and benefits vary by bargaining unit. Benefits may include orthodontia coverage at 50%, up to a lifetime limit of $2,000.
- DeltaCare USA: This is a DMO plan administered by Delta Dental, covered procedures have predetermined dollar copayments for services provided by network dentists(this means out-of-pocket costs are predictable). No or low copayments for most diagnostic and preventive services. No annual deductible or annual dollar maximus.
The City of Stockton offers vision benefits through Vision Service Plan (VSP). Two options are available. Employees pay a contribution for additional benefits under the Buy-up Plan.
1. Base Plan
- Deductible: $7.50 exam/lenses
- Exam: Every 12 months
- Frame Allowance: $100 every 2 years
- Contribution: None
2. Buy-up Plan - High Option
- Deductible: $10 exam/lenses
- Exam: Every 12 months
- Frame Allowance: $120 every year
Contribution: $3 EE/ $5 EE + 1/ $7 Family
- Active Employee Benefits Premium Rates (Except SPOA/OE3)
- Active Employee Benefits Premium Rates (SPOA)
- Active Employe Benefits Premium Rates (OE3)
Employee Assistance Program
To assist employees and family members who may be experiencing emotional or family problems, legal/financial difficulty, and/or struggling with substance abuse issues, the City of Stockton offers an Employee Assistance Program. Services include confidential assessments, up to three counseling sessions (free of charge), and referral services for extended treatment.
- Integrated Behavioral Health
Long Term Disability (LTD)
The City of Stockton provides Long Term Disability (LTD) benefits to non-safety employees, through Reliance Standard. After a 90-day waiting period, this benefit provides monthly income equal to 66-2/3% of the employee's base salary in the event the employee becomes disabled and is unable to work (some limitations apply).
LTD benefits for safety employees, depending on the bargaining unit, may be provided through a statewide safety employee association, or may be purchased by employees, on a voluntary basis, through the employee union/association.
Members of the Stockton City Employees Associaion (SCEA) participate in the State Disability Insurance SDI program.
If you would like to file a claim, please contact Human Resources.
Life Insurance / Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
Employees are also provided life insurance through Met Life. The amount of life insurance benefits is $50,000 for all employees. For some employee bargaining units, there is also an AD&D benefit.
The City of Stockton offers an IRS Section 125 plan, which includes a Flexible Spending Account and other voluntary insurance products. This program, administered by American Fidelity
Assurance Company allows for pre-tax payroll deductions for the following:
- Employee contributions toward health benefits
- Unreimbursed medical/dental expenses
- Dependent day care expenses
- Certain voluntary insurance products
Integrated Behavioral Health (Login: Stockton / Password: City411)
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 1/23/2014