Fire Prevention Division
The Fire Prevention Division manages the Safe and Sane Fireworks Program.
- Only fireworks that carry the State Fire Marshal Safe and Sane seal are allowed for sale and use within the city limits of the city of Stockton.
- Sale of Safe and Sane fireworks is limited to 30 non-profit organizations selected through a lottery process.
Please see link below for important dates:
2020 Safe and Sane Fireworks Calendar
About Fire Prevention Division
We work to reduce risk of fires and safeguard the lives, welfare and economy of the community through:
- code enforcement
- fire safety education
- fire investigation
- special services, such as plan checking and fire code operational permits
Fire Prevention is managed by a Division Chief, who is assigned as Fire Marshal.
Additional sworn personnel include:
- Fire Captain
- Fire Protection Specialist
- Arson Investigator
- Non-sworn civilians for fire safety inspections, public education, and weed abatement complaints
- Two non-sworn positions who also assist with administrative duties
The Fire Prevention Division is located in the Permit Center with the Community Development Department, Planning & Engineering Division, and the Building & Life Safety Division. This one-stop location streamlines service for both business owners and contractors.
For more information about the fire prevention operational fire permit and plan check applications, please visit our Permit Center web page.
Fire Safety Regulations
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Office of the State Fire Marshal - California
CPR - American Heart Association
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 7/6/2020