Message From The Chief
The Stockton Fire Department is rich in tradition and people. We are fortunate to have some of the most talented individuals in the fire service working here.
We value the history and the tradition of the Stockton Fire Department, an organization built upon the strong shoulders of our past that has prepared us for the future. Members of the Stockton Fire Department are well suited to lead the way – with the guiding purpose of serving our community and the vision to provide a contemporary, dynamic, and sustainable fire and emergency medical services,
Look around and learn more about the services we provide and the projects that help make Stockton a great place to live and work. We are a vibrant fire department that values our past, understands the present, and embraces the challenges of the future.
We are committed to providing the citizens of Stockton and the fire districts we proudly serve with the best service possible.
Thanks for visiting,
S. Jeff Piechura
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Fire Department Vision
Community Service with Excellence
Fire Department Mission
The Stockton Fire Department is committed to providing excellent emergency and non-emergency customer service. Our dedicated members insure a safe community through public education, prevention, and aggressive suppression and rescue activities.
Fire Department Values
- Integrity - We consistently do the right thing.
- Services - We provide service beyond our customer's expectations.
- Teamwork - We work together to achieve a common goal.
- Professionalism - We always conduct ourselves in a way that reflects a positive image for the City and for the Fire Service.
- Pride - We respect and honor the traditions of our organization, community, and profession.
- Competency and Accountability - We continually strive to improve our knowledge, skills and abilities, and each of us takes responsibility for our actions.
- Importance of our members - We value the wellness and safety of each individual.
- Compassion - We provide service in a way that our community knows "We Care."
About Stockton Fire
After 38 years of volunteer service, Stockton established a fully paid professional Fire Department in 1888. The Department is led by a Fire Chief, who reports to the City Manager. Presently, there are 181 sworn personnel working for the department, which are supported by 24 civilian employees.
Since 1976, the Stockton Fire Department (SFD) has provided fire protection and emergency medical services to the Lincoln Fire District and the Eastside, adding Tuxedo-Country Club Fire Districts in 1984. In 1992, the City agreed to also provide contractual service to the Boggs Tract Fire Protection District. All four districts have boundaries that are contiguous to the City of Stockton. This brings the total population served to over 336,000 people and 91.9 square miles of area protected.
For American Heart Association Hands-Only CPR information, please visit External Links below.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/19/2015
Save a Life - CPR
See more City of Stockton videos