Community Development Block Grant
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds are allocated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) with the national objectives of providing benefits to low and moderate income persons, eliminating slums and blight, and meeting an urgent community need.
Within this framework, the City of Stockton's Housing Division has also established broad local community development objectives intended to benefit low and moderate income households.
Locally, we work to:
- Increase the availability of safe, affordable housing through both rehabilitation and new construction and promote neighborhood preservation,
- Assist economic development through the support of activities which provide job retention or creation,
- Provide assistance to public improvements and facilities that support Objectives 1 and 2,
- Support programs offering significant community benefit and which improve the quality of life for residents of Stockton, and
- Support projects and programs which utilize "green" technology and support Objectives 1 and 2.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant Program
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 1/20/2015