Economic Development Division
Economic Development attracts new businesses to the city and offers professional, convenient concierge service for businesses and companies looking to locate to Stockton.
Key services include:
Economic Review Committee
The Economic Review Committee (ERC) is a free, voluntary service for project developers and business owners throughout Stockton. Before applying for a building permit, meet with Permit Department representatives for project requirements and feedback on preliminary site plans.
Interested in scheduling an ERC meeting?
Please contact the Economic Development Department.
Top Reasons to Do Business in Stockton
- Central Location – Take advantage of Stockton's strategic location... in the heart of California's Central Valley and close to the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Unmatched Transportation System – Experience Stockton's quick, cost-effective distribution to major West Coast, Pacific Rim, and global markets with an extensive transportation network – two major freeways (Interstate 5 and Highway 99), major network of railways, an incredible inland seaport, and an accessible airport.
- Quality of Life – Enjoy Stockton's unique blend of lifestyle opportunities, affordable and quality housing, abundant recreation, cultural events, and exceptional educational facilities.
- Qualified, Productive Work Force – Work with Stockton's diverse community of skilled and semi-skilled workforce with an affordable wage structure.
- Available and Affordable Land – Explore competitive building prices throughout Stockton and revitalized Brownfield sites, in and near downtown. To locate available property within Stockton, visit Advantage Stockton.
- One-Stop Permit Center – Use Stockton's Permit Center to streamline the development process with all your permit needs in one building. Building and Planning Divisions, Public Works, and Municipal Utilities Departments provide representatives at the Permit Center, ready to assist.
Economic Development Newsletters
Explore our monthly and quarterly newsletters, highlighting business successes in Stockton.
2018 Small Business Monthly Updates
2017 Small Business Monthly Updates
2018 Quarterly Newsletter
Sign up for the Economic Development Department's e-Newsletter
Bob Hope Theatre
Clean Energy Business Financing
Downtown Stockton Alliance
Brick & Mortar Entrepreneur Center
San Joaquin County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
African American Chamber of Commerce
Central Valley Asian American Chamber
San Joaquin Delta College -Small Business Development Center
Small Business Development Center - Business Resource Tools
Sports: Stockton Ports Baseball Team and Stockton Heat
Stockton Visitor's Bureau
Waterway: San Joaquin / Sacramento Delta
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 3/29/2018