Economic Development Division
The Economic Development Department attracts new businesses to the city and assists in business success. Our professional, easy-to-work-with staff offers concierge service to the local business community and businesses looking to locate to Stockton.
Key services include:
The Economic Review Committee (ERC) is a voluntary, free service available to project developers and business owners throughout Stockton.
Permitting department representatives meet with developers and business owners to provide feedback on preliminary site plans and provide project requirements prior to applying for a building permit.
Interested in scheduling an ERC meeting?
Please contact the Economic Development Department.
- Central Location – Take advantage of Stockton's strategic location... in the heart of California's Central Valley and close to the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Unmatched Transportation System – Stockton provides quick and cost-effective distribution to major West Coast, Pacific Rim, and global markets with an extensive transportation network that includes: two major freeways (Interstate 5 and Highway 99), major network of railways, an incredible inland seaport, and an accessible airport.
- Quality of Life – Enjoy Stockton's diverse culture with its unique blend of lifestyle opportunities, affordable and quality housing, abundant recreation, aabundant cultural events, and exceptional educational facilities.
- Qualified, Productive Work Force – Work with Stockton's rich, diverse community of a large skilled and semi-skilled workforce with an affordable wage structure.
- Available and Affordable Land – Explore the competitive building prices in many areas of Stockton and revitalized Brownfield sites, in and near downtown. To locate available property within Stockton, visit Advantage Stockton.
- One-Stop Permit Center – Use Stockton's Permit Center to streamline the development process with all the departments needed to obtain permits in one building. The Building and Planning Divisions, Public Works, and Municipal Utilities Departments have representatives available at the Permit Center, ready to assist the public.
Economic Development Newsletters
Explore our monthly and quarterly newsletters, highlighting businesses succeeding in Stockton.
2015 Monthly Newsletters
2014 Monthly Newsletters
2015 Quarterly Newsletters
2014 Quarterly Newsletters
To receive future issues via email, please register below.
REGISTER to receive future issues of the Economic Development Department's e-Newsletter
Waterway: San Joaquin / Sacramento Delta
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 1/29/2015