Sports & Fitness
Learn the basics of this romantic, elegant, and athletic Olympic sport from certified instructors.
- Train with nationally-ranked athletes of all ages in an eight-week course.
- Get in shape and improve balance, agility, hand-eye and hand-foot coordination
- Have fun that improves focus – for better decision making, problem solving, and fast thinking.
Each class accommodates up to 12 students, and all fencing equipment is provided, including electronic-scoring equipment. Show up in sneakers, warm-up clothes, and a T-shirt.
Classes typically meet twice a week, but the once-a-week option is available.
- Ages 6 and up
- Ages 13+ Juniors/Adult Class
- Ages 13+ Junior/Adult Classes (UNLIMITED)
- All Ages
Classes for kids and adults are forming now on a first-come, first-served basis at the Seifert Community Center. Instruction is provided by T. Hawkins.
- Ages: 4 and up
- Cost: $30 per month
- Days and Times: Tuesday through Thursday
- Kids start time: 5:45 p.m.
- Adult start time: 7:00 p.m.
Learn this ancient Chinese martial art that combines:
- slow-moving and graceful exercises,
- soft circular motions to harmonize mind and body, and
- mental focus while stretching muscles and joints.
Great for maintaining a healthy body and a healthy mind. Instruction provided by Bing Hui.
- Ages: 18 and over
- Cost: $10 per month
- Days, Times and Location:
- Tuesdays and Fridays: 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. at Oak Park Senior Center
- Tuesdays and Fridays: 11:15 - 12:15 p.m. at Arnold Rue Community Center
- Upcoming Class Schedule: Tai Chi Schedule
- June 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/5/2015