Block Parties and Street Closures
Event organizers that would like to close a portion of any public street, road, lane and place in the City of Stockton for the purpose of conducting a specific event, must file an application with the Community Services Department forty-five (45) working days prior to the event. A successful event requires careful planning and adequate notice to your neighbors and impacted businesses.
Type of events that require a Block Party Permit:
Type of events that require a Street Closure Permit:
Demonstrations / March
Run / Walk
Festivals (Impacting streets)
Please review this information carefully. Complete the application and return it to the Community Services Special Event Division.
Block Parties and Street Closure Process
1) Fill out the following applicable forms and submit completed forms to the Community Services Department, 605 North El Dorado Street, 2nd Floor.
2) Submit refundable street cleaning deposit of $500.
3) Petition form for notification, including: area businesses, homeowners and/or tenants involved in the closure area is preferred.
4) Detailed sketch and map showing that portion of the street to be closed.
5) Barricades or K-rail (Must rent separately and organizer will be notified of requirement at pre-planning meeting)
6) Police service may be required (To be determined at pre-planning meeting)
Below are forms that need to be completed to begin the street closure or block party process:
- Block Party Application (if applicable)
- Downtown Map
- Special Event Application
- Event Organizer Petition
- Street Closure Application (if applicable)
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/17/2013