Certificate of Occupancy

A Certificate of Occupancy will be issued by the City Building Inspector after all final inspections have been approved and it is found that the building or structure complies with all code provisions of the City of Stockton.  The City of Stockton Building Inspector will issue a Certificate of Occupancy upon request by the owner or contractor.


No building or structure may be lawfully used or occupied until the Certificate of Occupancy has been issued.  This applies to all buildings other than single-family dwellings.


If you have any questions or would like to request a Certificate of Occupancy, please contact the Community Development Department Building & Life Safety Division, or email us by using Ask Stockton.



External Links

There are currently no external links.

This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/16/2015