Utility Account Closing Information
- Water and garbage services are stopped when an account is closed.
- Each customer is responsible for charges until such time as that customer has requested to close the utility account.
- Only the customer of record or their agent can request to have an account closed.
- Closing requests can be submitted by filling out and following the instructions on the Request to Close an Account form or taken by a customer service representative in our office or over the telephone during regular business hours.
- Closing requests require advance notice of atleast one business day and cannot be accepted for any weekend, holiday, closed Friday or Furlough day.
- Exception: In the case of a closing from a landlord on a tenant-occupied property or a master metered unit, additional notification to the occupants is required that will delay the date services will be terminated.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/12/2013