The City Billing and Collections unit is responsible for issuing and manage invoicing and providing collection management services for City business-related activities on behalf of the City Departments including: Fire Department, Permit Center, Municipal Utilities Department, Police Department, Public Works and the Library.
Please contact Accounts Receivable for questions regarding any of the following:
- Respond to customer requests for clarification or questions about invoices or statements
- Manage the annual assessment program
- Manage billing accounts and adjustments
- Manage over-payments and refunds
- Prioritize collection action on A/R accounts
- Negotiate payment schedules for City debtors
- File small claims court cases and judgment liens
- Identify accounts under bankruptcy protection
- Report court ordered debtors to Franchise Tax Board
- Provide follow-up on unpaid accounts
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton webpage last reviewed on --- 3/18/2011