City Council Goals
On March 5, 2020, the Stockton City Council conducted a planning workshop and updated a list of Guiding Principles and tiered priorities for 2020-21. Guiding principles, strategic targets and priority goals are provided below. For a full copy of the report, please use the following link:
- Follow our Long-Range Financial Plan to ensure financial stability and sustainability.
- Operate in a transparent and open manner to earn and keep the trust of our community.
- Create a long-term vision while focusing on meeting day-to-day challenges and taking care of the "small things" that matter to the community.
- Maintain and expand relationships with partner agencies, private sector and organizations to extend capacity in carrying out and funding priority projects.
- Foster performance management, customer service and continuous improvement while supporting the professional development of our employees.
- Measure successes and communicate them to the community.
- Implement voter-approved decisions on taxes and other laws fully with integrity: honor voter intent.
Tier 1 Priorities for Fiscal Year 2020-21
- Develop solutions to address homelessness, including increasing the affordable housing supply.
- Focus on crime reduction in focus areas
- Prioritize resource allocation to focus areas within Council Districts
- Develop our core downtown
Tier 2 Priorities for Fiscal Year 2020-21
- Develop business incentives and tools for underserved neighborhoods.
- Work with education partners to improve quality of life, increase literacy, fund college scholarships and develop the workforce.
- Engage private employers and the business community in workforce development and job placement (including people with criminal records) and develop an employment pipeline for Stockton residents to Stockton employers.
For additional information about Council Goals and Priorities, please Contact Us.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 5/12/2021